Monday, December 21, 2009

Veggie Bacon

I try to shop by the idea that if it connects you to the ground, you should buy good quality. This means tires, mattresses and shoes (among others). Tires, different ones for different seasons. Mattresses, queen-sized, firm. Shoes, leather.

This is why I am not a vegetarian.

I really believe that it would be inhumane to strip animals of their skin and leave their carcasses to rot in the sun. I am willing to make these sacrifices.

The one thing I don't understand about vegetarianism, is where the notion came from that while it's wrong to eat meat, it's somehow ok to eat things that taste like meat. Wouldn't you find meat repulsive?

Let's think about this on a grander scale. I think we can all agree that cannibalism is probably wrong, so would it not seem odd if I asked for my beef to taste like brunette? "I really would like these carrots seasoned like red-head, you see, I won't actually EAT a red-head, but I really am craving one right now."

Put that in your house and smoke it. Mmm. That makes me think of bacon. Sweet sweet bacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment