Friday, December 11, 2009

My Fortunes.

Normally I'm not the kind of person who believes that the universe has a voice and is trying to tell me something. I said, NORMALLY.

I went to a Chinese restaurant while visiting Cowtown and as I was in the car trying to put Girl to sleep to diffuse a potential meltdown on the car ride home, my family took it upon themselves to open my fortune cookie for me. In the midst of their pithy sayings about financial fortune being on the doorstep and love finding them when they least expect it, my fortune said this:

You are capable compent, creative, careful. Prove it.

What gives? Why can't I have some fortune that says I will be rich without trying or loved by all? Why does my fortune need to be a challenge? As much as I believe that my goal in life is to make as much money by working as little as possible, I have put in a lot of time, creative energy and passion into this pursuit. I guess it's time to prove what I can really do.

1 comment:

  1. You can do it! And when you make your fortune you can become a real snowbird.

    My last fortune cookie said, "You will move into your dream house within a year."

    ReplyDelete