Monday, January 25, 2010

Accountability According to Oprah

I was watching Oprah last week. I admit it, I'm secure with myself. Sarah Palin and her daughter were on there talking to Oprah about having a baby, blah blah blah. (I wasn't really paying that much attention). I did however tune in when Oprah said that people shouldn't make a verbal commitment to be a virgin until they are married because "you just never know" and then if you lose your virginity before you get married, people will judge you more harshly because you made the commitment in the first place.

I think Husband put it best when he said: "Yeah, it's best not to be accountable. Don't tell anyone you are starting a new diet or workout plan either, because then you won't feel as bad when you quit"

When did accountability become a bad thing? Why can't you just make a commitment and then have the cajones to back it up? Making your commitment public is the best thing to help you. Shame is a darn good motivator!

1 comment:

  1. I love it when Oprah gives advice on marriage (and parenting). She is so wise.

    ReplyDelete