Thursday, January 7, 2010

Resolutions

Resolution time. Ok, so I'm a little late... add that to my resolutions. Overall, I don't really believe in resolutions, but considering I'm the type of person who can only realistically start an exercise program on a monday (any other day just doesn't make sense, why would I start something when half the week is over?) I figure the new year is kind of like a big giant monday. That said, I did start a new exercise program (read: AN exercise program). I did wait until the first Monday to do it though... is that weird? Kind of the perfect storm that way.

I know I need to eat better, and I know I need to exercise, but man... I'm not a big fan. I started exercising at the beginning of the day to get it over with. The TV isn't that great in the morning, (no primetime dramas to keep me interested), but it does allow me to exercise 5 days a week rather than 4 (my workout programs never included Friday night).

The thing I haven't really figured out yet is what the heck I'm supposed to eat. The only "diet" that ever worked for me (and did it ever) was low carb, but I'm not insane. I like potatoes and perogies too much. I think I'll just keep chanting "moderation" as my mantra. I can deal with that. I'll eat lots of veggies, less junk, and it still lets me sneak a Burger King poutine in there once in a while.

For now, I'll just sit here, typing and sipping my caffeine-free-diet-cola and rotting my brain (according to Husband) while I try not to eat the ice cream sandwiches that are waving at me from the freezer.

1 comment:

  1. That's the most depressing blog post ever. Mostly because it sounds like my life! Weight Watchers works. I've been trying to convince myself to do it again. And it's even Monday today - drat.

    ReplyDelete