Sunday, August 21, 2011

I Heart Husband.

Why am I not sleeping?  Everyone else is.  Husband and Girl haven't woken up yet this morning (it's nearly 10:00), and Boy seems to be down for his first nap of the day.  He woke up about an hour ago, ate, made silly noises for a while and is now sound asleep in his bouncy chair.  whee!  I should go back to bed, but realistically, I'd never sleep.  Instead I'm here blogging about nothing in particular, enjoying the peace and quiet. 

I really should go out and sit on my screen porch.  I say "on" because it has no walls or roof yet, so it can't really be "in", but I'm not complaining.  There has been a drop of death from the patio door for 2 years (since we ripped out the rotting, non-child-friendly deck with grand plans for a screen porch), so I'll take the beautiful plywood platform any day! 

I love Husband to bits, but seriously, I'm pretty sure I saw a hand plane out there while he was "putting the finishing touches" on the floor joists.  You know, the wood that is going to be covered in plywood, flooring, walls, and skirting... never to be seen again.   This is why we will never build a house.  Tenting through a winter is not appealing to me.  He builds to near perfection every time (I say "near" because perfect is impossible with lumber), which is great, but sometimes I just want to whack in a few nails and call it done.   I'm all for perfection when it matters, and hate to say it...  perfection is not necessary inside walls or under floors.  At least in my books.  Hey, don't get me wrong, it had better be level and plumb, but I remember a time when Husband measured up from the sill plate in the garage before drilling holes for the electrical wires to ensure they ran perfectly level and parallel around the room.  (This is the wires...  not the outlets).   I love you Honey.

Now, to be fair. Husband could tell you plenty of stories about my and my less-than-perfect renovation style, but luckily, he doesn't blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment