Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Diary of an Inventor, Part 14... MAILING DAY!

*Does a little dance for Mailing Day!*

It's true...  I've reached that point where I can throw this little bird out of the nest and get it to do some work for ME for once!  So, much to all your pleasure I'm sure, it is also the point where I figure I can unveil it to the masses.  The Provisional Patent is set and it would be pretty darn hard to beat me to the companies I'm pitching to (and realistically, not that many people read my blog), so here it is!



I'd like to introduce you to MēGō.   For a better look, take a look at my website.

It took longer than I wanted to mail it, mainly because it took me a while to figure out how to send an SASE with it (if anyone thinks I'm letting my prototype float around forever, they have another thing coming!), since the US doesn't accept Canadian postage for parcels originating in the US and you can't buy US postage in Canada.  So, that all got worked out with the nifty little piece of paper called the "international reply coupon".

It's weird, because I'm really excited, really nervous and really calm all at the same time.   I think it's because I'm not THAT emotionally attached.  This product isn't my baby, it's something I needed to serve a purpose in my own life, and based on the reaction of others, would be useful to other moms too.  I just don't want to ever look back at my life and say "I wonder what would have happened if...."  So here I am, giving it a whirl, and if it happens and I get my indoor pool... HURRAY!  and if not, I haven't lost anything (Well, except for the patent money, but I figure that can be the price of the education I gained). 

I really would prefer the indoor pool though.

1 comment:

  1. My fingers and toes and eyes are crossed for you... I look a little dopey, but I figure it's for a good cause ;)

    ReplyDelete