Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I'm in Perfect Health, Please Don't Worry.

I hope people don't start thinking I'm dying. 

I've just had this urge lately to do all those things that have noodled around in my brain for as long as I can remember.  Perhaps it's because I haven't been gainfully employed in a brain-melting job for so long that I've started to get my inspiration back.  I no longer spend 8 hours of every day doing pointless tasks for someone else, so in that time, my brain is allowed the freedom to be used for me. 

Maybe it's because I want to be an example to Girl.  I want her to know that any dream is worthwhile pursuing, even if it's just to quiet the "what ifs".  I don't want her to settle for my idea of how her life should be... (or anyone else's).

So, I'm going to do it all.  Why not?  Whatever stupid little voices in my head that say it's unrealistic can just tone it down a bit and be drowned out by those other voices that are just SCREAMING at me to get in gear.  I can do whatever I want to do and I'm going to keep doing it. 

So, if you think I'm working on my life list, I suppose you're right (I refuse to call it a "Bucket List" by the way... even if it is a popular phrase right now). 

Unfortunately for every item I cross off, more appear below it.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what you're cooking up next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find your attitude very inspiring :) It made me think of all the ideas and dreams I had a long time ago, and gave up on because I listened too much to voices better ignored. It's exciting and a bit humbling to realize the only person holding me back is me.

    ReplyDelete