Saturday, July 17, 2010

Two is better than one.

I need to stare at the computer more. 

My mind is full of stories, and I need to get them out before they disappear.  I've always dreamed of being published, but never in my life have I had a story that I felt was really worth telling.

At the moment, I have two, one of which is the start of a three-book series. 

With Girl testing the waters of the Terrible-Twos, combined with renovating my brother's new house and my own household to run, my time is at a premium.  I can only really write when Girl sleeps, but usually by then I'd rather be sleeping too (or savouring a piece of chocolate without little eyes begging me to share.)

I also don't know what to do.  I am 180 pages into book #1 (of the three-book-series), and have committed to a slight variation in style (meaning I need to go back and re-write the parts already written rather than finishing and having to rewrite it all anyway), and here I am, with new inspiration.  Do I table the first book and jump headlong into a new one? (with hopes that I'll be able to come back to it refreshed and renewed, and able to remember what was still to come), or do I continue the path with the first and jot down the ideas for the second to come back to later?

This is new to me.  I'm sure it would be easier to jump back and forth if I wasn't looking at months of naptime writing for each one.  I know if all the problems to have as a writer, "too many ideas" is not a very good one.  It's kind of like saying you have too much money and don't have enough mall-time scheduled.  But, this is my blog, so there.

I have to choose, and I don't know how.

2 comments:

  1. You need to invent a device that records your thoughts so you can just think your book and the device will record, edit, format and pitch it to publishing companies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes please. then I could tie it to my head and I'd be writing when I'm unable to sleep because of the books running through my head. It shouldn't be too tough!

    ReplyDelete