Thursday, July 29, 2010

Using the word "Baby" in my facebook status does NOT mean I'm pregnant, but thanks for asking.

It's probably my own fault.  Everyone who knows me knows I haven't been preventing babies since trying to have one with Girl.  Ideally I wanted twins, but when that didn't pan out I decided to go for two as close together as possible.  Well...  here we are, Girl is one and a half and no siblings.  Not even a glimmer.  Apparently I'm one of those people for whom nursing is a foolproof contraceptive, even though Girl slept 12 hours at a time and only ate twice a day (let me clarify, she did eat solids the rest of the time.  I wasn't starving her).

*Sigh*

Of course...  the moment I wear anything with an empire waist, or feel a bit ill, or just glow a little too much, the eyebrows go up and the whispers start.  Trust me, I'm with you.  Every time my chest aches, or I'm feeling a little under the weather, I wonder too.  Unfortunately the ease at which I was able to read my body disappeared when I got pregnant the first time.  In the good old days, I could tell when I ovulated, and was pretty darn sure I was pregnant before taking a test.  Now?  Not so much.  It's annoying.    I've been burping and nauseous for 3 months straight, but does it bother me?

Of course.

I guess I'll just keep trying.  Husband had better get his game face on.

1 comment:

  1. Your story sounds a lot like ours.. we single handedly supported the pregnancy test business for 17 months after Cooper..

    Happy Baby Making! ;)

    ReplyDelete