Thursday, April 22, 2010

Diary of an Inventor, Part 13

It's really convenient that I have a diploma in Public Relations and Marketing.  Sometimes I marvel at how things worked out.  From the day I graduated, I didn't really want to be a PR person, but the skills I learned in those classes are skills I have used over and over.  Graphic design, marketing, website design, etc etc etc.  Man, it's saving me a LOT of money. 

I'm almost ready for my first licensing pitch.  I have a letter, a full-colour brochure, a website and a prototype.  All of which are geared subliminally to the company I'm hitting up first.  I chose that company because I feel my product fits well with their line, I like their style and I think if I lived anywhere close to them I'd be happy working there.  It looks like a fun, young environment.  

I sent my brochure to the printer today and ordered 30, but I hope I end up with 29 leftovers.  I'm not putting all my hopes in this company, but hey, a girl can dream!  It would be a great story to be able to say "the first company I pitched to snapped it up".  Unreal and unlikely, but understandable.

No comments:

Post a Comment