Monday, April 5, 2010

Diary of an Inventor, Part 12

So it's here, the day we've all been waiting for.  (I assume you have all have been on the edge of your seats). I can now be crazy and put my invention out there for the world to see, protected (as much as one can be) by my Provisional Patent.  It's a little freaky.  In some ways I prefer the secrecy and closed doors and envelopes marked "CONFIDENTIAL".  It's a lot easier to be happy with something you have done if you don't have to put it out there for the scrutiny of others.  I believe in myself and in my idea, but that doesn't mean others have to. 

I guess that's the game though.  Skydiving wouldn't be fun if it wasn't for the idea that it's dangerous and you could die, so I guess inventing isn't fun unless there is a great big chance you're going to fail.

I hope I don't fail.

I also hope you didn't think I was just going to plop it up on here right away.  I thought about it and came to the conclusion that I need to debut my invention in the proper way.  A bit of flash, some bang and a bunch of confetti.   I had hoped to be ready by now, but being behind schedule is how I keep myself perfectly stressed out (nervous energy burns calories).

1 comment:

  1. You have already succeeded! You made the top ten list of female inventors (from 1700 till now)!

    ReplyDelete