Thursday, April 8, 2010

I Pee Alone.

I've gotten used to peeing with the sound of wailing coming from the hallway. 

I don't know why Girl is so fascinated by the toilet (or potty as she calls it).  Ok, well, I do know.  It's a fun water table/toy whirlpool that can entertain for hours, or until our septic field turns into a mooshy, squishy mess.  Even though I know WHY she enjoys it so much, I prefer to pee alone.  It's a solitary activity. 

I don't like to talk to people in other stalls of public washrooms.  I don't need entertainment or company.   Even though she's only a year old, I prefer not to have Girl there.  I'm a bad mom and I'm ok with it.

She is deprived of the fun I'm having without her.  I try to make sure she's well distracted before I make my move.  Hopefully she's busy enough that I can get in, and out before she makes it all the way down the hall.  If I'm too slow, or gave her something uninteresting to do, and she catches on, there's not much I can do but call lovingly through the door "I'll be right out honey".  Sorry kid, I don't need backup.

I know it's supposed to be a good idea to get the kids involved in this kind of thing, because it helps them understand the whole potty/toilet thing, thus making for easier potty training.  I think I can just tell her.  She's pretty smart. 

Maybe it's because the sound of peeing makes her laugh and point.

2 comments:

  1. Hahahahahahahahaha!I'm with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pee alone, I also change alone. Those are just the rules I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete