Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy Movember.

There are seldom times when I wish I could grow a mustache.  However, I can make an exception for November...  or "Movember". 

Bring pregnant during Breast Cancer Awareness Month it constantly made me well up a little when they'd run commercials about the fire fighters wearing pink in support of breast cancer research, same with football players.  As a woman, I often wonder why breast cancer seems to get so much more publicity.  Husband had a point when he mentioned that women are really just more organized.  And hey. men like breasts, women have breasts, it's kind of win-win for everybody.

Prostate cancer on the other hand...  nobody really wants to talk about the prostate.  Women don't have one, and men... well...  it's a sensitive area.  

So, if Husband wants to grow a mustache this month in support of Prostate cancer research, I'll be as supportive as all those manly firemen in their pink t-shirts.  I'll also be watching...  anyone with a fuzzy upper lip will get a thumbs-up from me!

Bonus points to you guys who are a bit patchy and scraggly.

1 comment: