Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Diary of an Inventor, Part 11

It's been a while since I blogged about my invention, but that's mainly because I was just doing a whole lot of nothing.  My Patent Agent had been working tirelessly (I'm sure, based on how much I'm paying him) to complete my Provisional Patent Application, which he sent me a few weeks ago to review.  After my brain turned back from the gelatinous state it fell into while reading the 11 pages of Lawyer-Speak (12pt font single spaced), I made a few changes and sent it back. 

I think this is it...  this is the point where I can say "HEY WORLD!  This is my invention and you'd better like it 'cause mama wants an indoor pool!"

I'm still torn on what to do exactly.  My ideal situation is to sell the rights and license it to another more established company, so all I have to do is sit back and let the cheques roll in.  This requires making a nice fresh example (that doesn't have goldfish cracker crumbs on it), doing a photoshoot and making a website/brochure to promote it.  Then, the rest is up to the post office.

Husband, on the other hand (while he agrees with me) wants me to have the money-making backup plan of making them myself and selling them online.  Good idea, if I didn't have a one-year-old who likes to sit on my lap and "SEE" what I'm doing all the time!  Poor Girl doesn't nap for 5 hours like I want her to. 

Well...  I'm on the edge again.  I think that my next entry on this will be the grand unveiling, but we'll see how that goes.  I bet you are all on the edge of your seats!

No comments:

Post a Comment