Thursday, October 15, 2009

Frugal is FUN!

Every now and then Husband takes a look at our mortgage statement and goes crazy when he remembers that we pay interest for the privilege of living in our house. (See, this doesn't really bother me, since with the appreciation of the housing market, we could have saved for 10 years and bought the same house for double the price and not ended up any further ahead.) Anyhow, we now have a new plan. Spend less. Well, ok then.

While I don't think we are that dumb with our money, its never a bad idea to check out the accounts and see what's what. Today I thought it might be fun to cancel the movie channels we don't really use, and in the process found out that we were paying $16/month (over and above the movie channels) for channels I wasn't even aware we had. How is that for trimming the budget? I was able to cut $35/month off our bundled TV/internet/phone bill purely by downgrading to lesser packages that reflect what we actually use. I don't think we'll even notice the change.

I was also able to cut $12/month off our cell phone bill (which apparently is already a better plan than they currently offer). I like this, paying less for using what we already do.

Now if only Canada would get on the coupon bandwagon, because I hear there are folks in the US who get groceries for free. (Not mentioning any names)

Well, I'm going to go pat myself on the back. Now, honey, it's your turn. Impress me!

No comments:

Post a Comment