Monday, March 22, 2010

Life... and the end of it.

It won't be long now.

All the signs are there, reminding me on a daily basis that we are on borrowed time. 

There is only so much life-support I am willing to provide.  I have said my goodbyes, and made my peace.

Pretty soon, I fear, I will be living in an appliance graveyard. 

I knew it was happening....  my Christmas turkey was done half an hour before it was due.  My milk isn't very cold, but my crisper drawer items are freezing.  The fridge is making a weird noise, and my oven is squarely to blame for the ruined Betty Crocker mix brownie.   I still have a burnt chocolate taste in my mouth.

This is where good appliances come to die.  All at once.

To be fair, they aren't good appliances, well, I'm sure they were in the 80's.  They came with the house, and we figured we'd replace them when they died, ideally one at a time. 

Husband says we have a brand new oven in the garage, which I guess technically is true.  A brand new, still in it's shipping crate oven from the 1950's.  While cool, I waffle with the idea of using it.  I don't want anything that will make cooking a turkey dinner more difficult.  Not to mention it would require some funky kitchen renovation (which, while happening, will DEFINITELY make it harder to cook). 

We'll see what happens.  For now I'll get myself an oven thermometer and hope that it keeps even heat despite it being the wrong one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment