Saturday, July 16, 2011

Label THIS!

This post is for everyone who has ever canned anything, or been given a jar of some wonderful bounty, and then has spent 20 minutes scraping the flipping label off the jar.  I've never understood why the needed to make those things stick so tenaciously.  They just need to remind you what's in the jar after all...  not stick around forever to remind you what has been in the jar for the last three years.

Voila!  The answer to my problems! 

Bernardin has come out with labels that dissolve! I have yet to try taking one off a jar, but I held one under water for a few seconds and it really just disappeared!  I'm pretty sure that if you stick your labeled jar in the dishwasher you'll be left with a clean jar rather than a clean jar with a faded label dried out and baked onto it. 

Gone are the days of soaking your jars!  Just watch out...  in a flood you might be left with a bunch of unlabeled jars in your pantry.  Luckily, I live on high ground.

1 comment:

  1. I just like the name "Bernardin". That would be a cool cat name. ;)

    ReplyDelete