Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Smokin!

In my quest to find interesting things to make food taste better, I stumbled on these:


Basically, smoke in a can.  It's actually technically compressed wood in a can.  You buy a pack of 3 for under $9 (I bought mine from Golda's Kitchen...  I could spend some major coin there), take off the labels and plop one into your propane BBQ, under the grill, just sitting on the burner/coals.  Each one says its good for about 3 sessions on the barbeque, and boy, are they smokin!  Husband thought the grill was on fire...  the most delicious smelling fire ever!  We've made chicken, ribs, and hamburgers so far, but I can't think of anything to put on the BBQ that couldn't use a bit of smokey goodness.  I will warn you though...  don't get the smoke in your eyes.  It burns like campfire!

I have one of those smoker boxes already that do the same thing...  you just have to add your own chips.  But silly me, I left it outside on the BBQ all winter and it rusted to high heaven.  Oops.   This is more my speed. 

They come in Pecan, Alder, Cherry, Apple, Hickory and Mesquite (what is "mesquite" anyway?)

Try it, you'll like it.  Especially if your husband won't let you buy a $300 smoker. 

No comments:

Post a Comment