Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A Play.

Mom:  "I'm going to make the turkey gravy for thanksgiving"

Suzie: "Why?"  (looks confused.  She thought she would be making it)

Mom: "Because then I can use contraband"

Suzie: (more confused) "What contraband?"

Mom: "Onion soup mix"

Suzie:  (Still confused) "Since when do we put onion soup mix into turkey gravy"

Mom:  "Trust me."

Suzie:  "I have made turkey gravy 5-10 times and I have never once used onion soup mix."

Mom:  "Trust me, it'll be better"

Suzie:  (Stares at Mom is complete confusion)

Mom:  "Or is that meatballs?"

Suzie: (laughs) "Yes mom, you use onion soup mix in meatballs"

END SCENE


Sorry mom, this story was just too good to share!  So, no onion soup mix in the turkey gravy (which is good, since it is a beef-based soup).  Mom is going to bring the meatballs instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment