Sunday, October 17, 2010

Running

I hate running.  Let's just get that out there.  I know it's SUPPOSEDLY good for you (though I can recite a loing list of people for whom running has destroyed their joints... my joints in contrast are perfectly fine), but I can't really bring myself to do it.

Husband loves to run.  He is weird.  I'm proud of him though.  Today, he finished his first half-marathon, beating his goal by 24 seconds.  His time was 1:44:36.  I was sleeping through most of it.  It was also in a time zone an hour ahead of us, so don't be too appalled. 

I just have trouble with running.  I blame it on boobs mostly.  That way Husband can't complain.  You really gotta tie those babies down or you got serious problems.  I have an expensive sports bra (stupid thing cost me $120 and looks like it's made out of a bad bridesmaid dress) which works pretty well, but really...  some people are built to run, and I am not one of them.  I also have short legs, so I can take the same number of steps as Husband and his natural stilts, and go half the distance.  No thanks. 

Part of me feels like I should run...  because it's good for you, and all the really skinny people do it.  I think it's easier for skinny people.  Less wind resistance.  That, and skinny people don't usually have big boobs. 

See, I can come up with justification for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment