Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Diary of an Inventor, Part 5

Waiting kills me. Right now I'm waiting for my ShapeLock to work on invention #2, and also for the patent agents to tell me if invention #1 is patentable. (I'm also waiting for casting calls for season 5 of Dragon's Den, but that's a whole other story). I think it's the idea that this whole thing feels like a big race. You gotta get there faster than anyone else, so having to wait is like tying your shoe during a marathon... completely necessary, but irritating. I end up surfing the internet, looking to see if someone has beat me to the punch (you know, since the last time I hit "refresh") but not really trying that hard, because I don't want the disappointment of the truth. It's funny because I'm not really that emotionally invested in it (it doesn't even have a name for pete's sake), but it seems terrible to have to start all over from scratch. I guess I'd better get used to that though. I'll just use the extra time to think up something else. Yeah, I'll get right on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment