Friday, September 4, 2009

Woman of the Cloth.

Well before Girl was born, I decided to use cloth diapers on her. I'd like to tell you all a nice story about how I believe that they are enviromentally friendly, and that I use them on her to save our precious resources and limit waste, but that's just not the case. Don't get me wrong, I love the environment, it's great and all, done lots for me, but that wasn't my motivation.

Basically, I'm cheap.

I looked at it, weighed the options and thought... why would I spend $20 a week on something to throw away, when I could spend $200 on something that will not only last until Girl is potty trained, but for any subsequent children I may have. It was kind of a no brainer. I had to add the bonus of having a high-efficiency washing machine and a well, and TADA! the decision was made.

Since starting with cloth diapers, I also made a startling discovery. Disposable diapers smell GROSS, even before there is anything in them. (I've been told you can buy unscented, but why do they add that disgusting scent in the first place?)

I would also like to add, for any of you who think that "having to clean up poop" is a disgusting fate and completely unecessary with today's technology, I'd like to ask you to read the directions on your package of disposables. You just might be doing it wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment