Thursday, September 10, 2009

My greatest fears.

I don't like to be home alone. (not that I am right now, so creepy people, be warned, I have a gun... and a dog... yeah, a BIG, ANGRY dog). As nice as it is to sleep diagonally on the bed with both pillows, I have somewhat irrational fears. One of my biggest fears started a long time ago, likely around the time that my parents started leaving my brother and I home alone. It seems to me that I have always been afraid that while I am sleeping, someone will break into my house and cut my achilles tendons. I don't know why, so don't ask. Interestingly, this fear can be alleviated merely by sleeping with my feet under the covers (apparently would-be-achilles-tendon-cutters are foiled by a blanket).

I think my facination with shows like Criminal Minds and CSI combined with an overactive imagination has given me extra creativity when freaking myself out about the gruesome way I will most likely die. Recently a new fear has surfaced. After having a baby and introducing the baby monitor to my life, I picture myself sitting awake in bed, reading, while a raspy voice eminates from the monitor... "I have your baby... come and get her." Hey Criminal Minds writers... I think you should use that as an opening... sure gives me the willies.

I wonder if I need psychiatric help.

1 comment:

  1. I can picture you saying "I have your baby" and it makes me laugh! But when Marc pretends to be Chucky it freaks me RIGHT out. That's not funny at all.

    ReplyDelete