Tuesday, September 22, 2009

There is no hope for me.

I was at the mall the other day, trying to find some clothes. I need something to wear other than jeans and t-shirts and hoodies. ("Bunny-hugs" for you Saskacheweiners) They are all well and good, but hey, I'm a grown up... I need other clothes too.

Now, to preface this entry, I am a hard person to fit. I'm not overweight, but I have a big rack, and some curves that would have fit in better in the 50s. I also have a long torso, so this combination makes clothes shopping next to impossible.

During the browsing portion of my excursion, I noticed something very disheartening. The mannequins looked dumpy. They all looked chunky and frumpy, like they put no thought into what they chose to wear that day. They weren't wearing things that were flattering on them, rather things that would have made me sign them up for "What Not to Wear".

So, I ask you... if the clothes don't look good on the mannequins... what hope is there for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment