Monday, August 16, 2010

Bump in the night.

I felt a little sick to my stomach last night.  I don't know if it was the perogy pizza and cactus cut potatoes I had eaten for my last official non-scratch meal, or if it was a little bit of terror. 

This morning, under the cold harsh light of day, I wondered why I would be scared.  It is just food after all.  Perhaps my relationship with food isn't that healthy.  I had always thought we had a good give and take relationship...  a good balance of health and junk, but maybe not.  Maybe I am too dependant on the things I eat.  It is just a year after all.  It's not like I'm giving up my family, or my friends.  I'm not even giving up all food.  Just some of it.  The part of it I take for granted and eat mindlessly. 

I suppose it's true.  Just like the shadows under the bed, everything looks a lot less scary in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment