Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Deep Breath.

It's only been three days... it's only been three days...

I had a moment today where I wanted to crack.  Not that it would have done any good, I don't have any food in the house that could result in me cheating.  I had a massive headache and for about an hour there, I just could not care less about anything.  I wanted to grab a frozen pizza and throw it in the oven.  The idea of making dinner made me cranky.   It has been three days, but three busy days.  There was a lot of cooking and for two of those three dinners, I had people over.  It's enough to cook meals for two and a half, but throw in a few extra people...  I'm used to cooking for crowds, but when it's just us, I can be lazy and make eggs and toast for dinner.

I made a meal plan at the beginning of the week and so far, haven't stuck to it.  I need to regroup, reorganize and refresh. 

Luckily my headache is gone now and I feel a little silly for even contemplating quitting so early, but in the heat of the moment, those 362 staring me in the face were tough to take.

Time to go upstairs, take a long, hot bath and then read and enjoy a piece of puffed wheat cake (made with honey instead of corn syrup) in the silent house while Girl sleeps. Such is the life.

No comments:

Post a Comment