Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Spoiling and It's Downside.

I love entertaining.  I've said it before and I'll say it again.  There is nothing that gives me greater joy than spoiling the ones I love.

I however, am cursed with the inability to do things half-heartedly.  I can't seem to manage it.  Recently, I've been taking the extended family on a cultural tour...  Mexico, Greece, Italy soon, I think.  The idea of doing the same things over again is foreign to me.  (Other than the requisite yearly turkey dinners, of course).

Parties are fun.  There was a point where the only times I was calling people this summer was to invite them to another party, but really?  Where is the harm in that?  We should celebrate everything!

My SIL got the "GIANT PARTY" for her 30th birthday (to complete the cycle from the miniature baby shower I threw last year.)

We had Giant Pizza...


Giant Chicken Wings (drumsticks with a few turkey wings thrown in)...



Giant Sandwiches...


and a bunch of Giant Cake...



 
It was a great time! 

The only complication, in my mind, is trying to figure out how to reassure people that I don't expect the same when I'm invited to a party.  I have heard on a variety of occasions, from many people, the sheepish "but mine won't be like yours", or "You'll have to forgive me, I'm not a cook, so I'm ordering pizza". 

What is there to forgive? 

Think of it this way.  If I was a piano player who invited you to concerts on a regular basis...  would I fault you for not being musical?  No.  You are my loved ones, and this is my thing, what I do.  I do it because it's fun for me, and something that I can share with you!

Feel spoiled and don't fret.  I love KD too... and delivery!

Now, who's ready for Husband's birthday?  It's gonna be a good one!



No comments:

Post a Comment