Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I didn't cave.

Mom: 
You're going to have to compromise on this.  You need to use *MYSTERY INGREDIENT*.

Suzie:
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!  I need to keep my blogger integrity intact!  I can't do it!  People are either counting on me or waiting for me to fail!

Ok, so that's not exactly how the conversation went, but I didn't give in.  We spent the day making mystery food for Husband's upcoming birthday party. He knows there is a party, but doesn't know the theme, so I can't very well publish a list of food on the internet.  I thought about it, figured out the flavours in *MYSTERY INGREDIENT* and added them together one by one until it worked!  Hooray!  It would have been a lot easier to use the package, I'll admit that, but if I compromise for Husband's birthday, I may find myself compromising for Christmas, or Girl's birthday, and there is no room for half-hearted challenges.  If we're going to do this, we're doing it!

1 comment:

  1. What if someone were to bring certain food products corresponding to the theme as a "hostess gift"? Would this spoil your whole plan?

    ReplyDelete