Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Bag washer.

I never thought I would be one of those people.  I rolled my eyes at them and always thought they were a little bit crazy.  We all know people like them...  the people who wash ziploc bags.


Now, don't get me wrong, there is a definite distinction as to WHICH ziploc bags I will wash.  I will always throw away anything that had meat in it, or other foods that harbour mass amounts of bacteria.  Plastic is porous after all, and I'm not taking chances.  I do however, wash the bags that I put bread into.  I found that making 1-2 loaves a week, they keep best in plastic, but it seems a waste to throw the bags away every week.  So, I'll wash them.

2 comments:

  1. As long as you stick to only bag washing bread bags, then I think you are okay. The big ziplocks are pricey, because the boxes only come with 15 or 30 bags which isn't a lot. I don't think you are crazy.

    But if you start washing the smaller bags or snack bags.. well, then you might be crossing the line. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAAAHAHAHAHAHA

    I laugh at my mom for doing this, but at the same time, I can see myself doing the same. The idea of disposing of plastics after single use is disturbing for me, and yet we are surrounded with products that facilitate such a sin.

    ReplyDelete