Monday, September 27, 2010

Winging it.

Chicken wings are terrible for you.  I heard somewhere that they are something like 50% fat.  I think that statistic was from a restaurant though, where they would be breaded, deep fried and served with blue cheese dip.  Understandable. I tend to prefer the boneless variety myself, but I do have a deep appreciation for buffalo sauce (let me tell you, if it was off the menu, there would be NO way I'd be doing this), and since wings are an acceptable vehicle for mass hot sauce consumption, I'll do it.


First, take your wings, and coat them in flour and lay them on a cookie sheet.  Putting some parchment paper under them is a smart bet... since it'll drastically improve cleanup. 


Lightly salt them, and pop them into an oven at 425ºF.  A note on salt... I typically skip it because as I said, we use a lot of sauce.  The salt is more important if you have a light hand with the spicy stuff. 

Baking chicken wings is easy.  Because there is so little meat, there is virtually no chance they won't be cooked through before they get a nice brown, crispy crust, so just get them brown and they'll be cooked through. 


Serve with twice baked potatoes and hot sauce.  It's 8 in the morning and this is looking good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment