Saturday, September 4, 2010

Party at the Homemaker's

Sometimes it's nice to be right. 

Husband sometimes liked to ask if I only throw parties so I could put the pictures on Facebook and get people to praise me.  That made me mad...  so I did what any good wife would do:  I threw a party for him.  I told him we were having a birthday party but kept the theme a secret.  I cooked in stealth and decorated while he was at work.  I even led him to believe the theme he guessed (Texas cowboy theme?!  really?) was correct without ever lying.  Silly boy.

Zut Alors!  It's Septemberfest!

Decorations:

Food:


Die Kinder

Us:

Girl, after having a sudden meltdown at the end of the night because she didn't like me wearing a wig.  (Peanut butter cookies solve everything!)


The whole night was really fun, and by the end of it, I think Husband realized what I try to tell people.  Doing parties is fun for me...  it's a thrill, a rush (You jump out of airplanes, I invite 50 people to my house and make sure they're all fed, entertained, amazed and happy when they leave), but I wouldn't do it if I didn't love the people around me!  It's a lot of hard work, but seeing people enjoying themselves and eat till they're ready to bust makes me happy. 

I think he ate his words...  somewhere between the Rouladin and the Perogies.

No comments:

Post a Comment