Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Oh, the Organization.

The canner went back to its home in the basement today.  It's been out for a few weeks now while I've apparently been storing up for winter.  My larter is full and I can't think of anything else that I "need" to preserve.

Luckily for me, Husband added shelves to a broom closet in the kitchen which until a month ago was filled with condensed soups, pasta packages, BBQ sauces, salad dressings and the lot.   The difference is startling.  Now, it looks like this:


I have jams and jellies, canned peaches and pears, apple pie filling, salsa, BBQ sauce, pickled carrots and pickled smoked/roasted red peppers.  (The actual pickles I keep in the fridge in the basement).  I sure hope those shelves Husband put up are beefy enough for the 70 some jars on that one shelf.  If I hear a big crash in the middle of the night, I'll know where to look first.

I love the modular containers for dry goods.  They're made by Rubbermaid and SO much cheaper than Tupperware.  I have 5 different flours in there, not including all-purpose which gets it's own big tub on the floor of the closet (and one in the cupboard).  I think Husband has kind of rubbed off on me.  I doubt I'd ever have worried about the size and shape of jars or dry-goods containers until he came around.  But I love it.  It's so organized. 

If only I could say the same about my bedroom closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment