Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I think I can now make it through the year.

I have a confession to make.  I have never once, in my life, made a brownie from scratch.  I love love love the Betty Crocker Chocolate Chunk mix, and always figured, "why mess with perfection?"

So there I was... brownie-less.  Women should not be brownie-less.

Without any form of reference, other than a mix, I decided to try my hand at making a recipe to suit.  Luckily I was successful (though, I would have eaten all failures).


1 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups sugar
2-3 oz semisweet baking chocolate, chopped roughly
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
2 tsp vanilla

Mix all the dry ingredients (including chocolate chunks), then add wet ones.  The batter will be quite thick, but try not to overmix.  Pour into a greased 9 inch pan, and spread evenly.  Bake at 350ºF for 30-35 minutes. 

I may not need to buy a mix again.

1 comment:

  1. The recipe on the back of the FRYS COCOA is a great great recipe. It is SOOOOO good. I'm making them tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete